- 1 package (2 pounds) fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1/2cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 jar (18 ounces) raspberry jam
- 1/4cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 container (16 ounces) mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon orange extract
- 2 cups refrigerated orange juice
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) ladyfingers (GF use GF ladyfingers)
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh blueberries (about 2 cups)
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh raspberries (about 2 cups)
- In large bowl, toss strawberries with 1 tablespoon sugar; let stand at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in small sauce pot, heat jam, and fresh orange juice and zest over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until jam melts, stirring occasionally; cool.
- In large bowl, with mixer, beat cream and remaining 1/2 cup sugar on medium-high speed 3 to 4 minutes or until soft peaks form. Add mascarpone and orange extract, and beat on low speed 1 minute or just until combined.
- In wide, shallow bowl, place 2 cups orange juice. Submerge each ladyfinger, 1 at a time, in juice, transferring each ladyfinger to bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking dish; pack ladyfingers close together and tear to fit as necessary to cover the bottom of dish. You should use about 21 ladyfingers.
- Add blueberries and raspberries to bowl with strawberry mixture; gently toss to combine.
- With back of large spoon, evenly spread half the jam mixture over ladyfingers layer; evenly spread half the mascarpone mixture over jam and sprinkle with half the berry mixture. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market