- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 15 - ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 ears of corn, husks and silks removed and kernels cut off the cobs
- 3/4 cup matchstick-size pieces peeled jicama
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato (1 medium)
- 1 medium avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and sliced
- 1 fresh jalapeno chile pepper, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced*
- 2 cups multigrain tortilla chips with flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup refrigerated fresh salsa
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco (2 ounces)
- 1 recipe Cilantro Ranch Dressing
- Cilantro Ranch Dressing
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Line a large serving platter with salad greens. In a medium bowl combine black beans, corn, jicama, and tomato. Spoon mixture over greens. Arrange avocado and chile pepper slices over bean mixture. Top with chips, salsa, and cheese. Drizzle with Cilantro Ranch Dressing.
- * Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
- Cilantro Ranch Dressing:
- In a small bowl whisk together sour cream, buttermilk, cilantro, chives, lime juice, garlic, and chili powder.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market