- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 3-1/2 to 4 pound pork shoulder, rinsed and cleaned
- 1 16 oz jar mild salsa
- 1 package corn or flour tortillas
- Place the first 7 ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Place the pork shoulder in the Crock Pot (slow cooker) and rub all over with the seasoning mixture.
- Pour the jar of salsa around the pork shoulder.
- Cook on low heat for 8-12 hours.
- Remove the pork to a plate and using 2 forks, shred the into bite size pieces (I like to remove the visible pieces of fat).
- Pour a scoop or two of the juices into the pork and stir to combine (If you want to remove the excess fat from the juice you will use, pour it into a cup and refrigerate it until the fat solidifies and can be easily scooped out. Only the juices will remain).
- Place the pork into the tortillas.
- Serve with desired accompaniments
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market