- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes (about 8 medium), unpeeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2cup unsalted butter (1 stick), cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese (2 cups)
- 1 package (2.1 ounces) fully cooked bacon, coarsely chopped
- Fresh parsley leaves for garnish (optional)
- In large covered sauce pot, add potatoes and enough salted water to cover; heat to boiling over high heat. Simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Drain potatoes well, then return to sauce pot. Add sour cream, butter, salt and pepper. With hand mixer at medium-low speed, beat potatoes 2 to 3 minutes or until light and fluffy and few lumps remain; do not over mix.
- Fold in cheese and bacon. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market