- Lemon Curd
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1-1/2 sticks)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 (4-ounce) glass jars
- Whipped Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Fresh berries and fresh mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Prepare Lemon Curd: In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar and lemon zest until light and fluffy. In medium saucepan, heat butter and lemon juice to boiling over medium-high heat; remove from heat. To temper egg mixture, transfer 1/3 cup of the hot butter mixture into egg mixture while whisking constantly; add butter-egg mixture back to saucepan.
- Heat mixture to boiling over medium heat, whisking constantly. Cook 2 minutes or until large bubbles appear and mixture thickens; remove from heat.
- Transfer lemon curd to large bowl; cover surface with plastic and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Prepare Whipped Cream: In large bowl, with mixer on low speed, beat cream, powdered sugar and vanilla 2 minutes. Increase speed to medium-high; beat 4 minutes or until medium-firm peaks form. Reserve 1-1/2 cups whipped cream for garnish.
- With rubber spatula, fold half of the remaining whipped cream into lemon curd until combined; fold in remaining whipped cream.
- Evenly divide mousse into jars. Garnish with reserved whipped cream; top with berries and mint, if desired. Serve or refrigerate up to 4 hours.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market