- 1 (4- to 5-pound) top round roast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup refrigerated horseradish
- 1/4 cup loosely packed chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 large white onion, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick disks
- 1.Preheat oven to 225°. Place roasting rack in large roasting pan.
- 2.Sprinkle top round roast with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and top round roast to skillet; cook 5 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Remove roast from skillet.
- 3.In small bowl, stir garlic, horseradish, parsley and thyme. Evenly spread horseradish mixture over top round roast. Place onion disks on roasting rack in roasting pan. Place top round roast on top of onion disks.
- 4.Bake roast 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 135° for medium-rare. Internal temperature will rise 5 to 10° upon standing. Transfer roast to cutting board; let stand 10 minutes
- before slicing.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market