- 1 long baguette (GF use GF Baguette)
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 15 ounce container ricotta, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound thick-cut bacon
- freshly cracked pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Use a serrated knife to cut the baguette into about 30 slices.
- Use a pastry brush to coat each side of the slices with olive oil. I actually sprayed mine because I have an olive oil mister. Sprinkle salt and pepper over one or both sides of the slices.
- Spread the bread out onto a large baking sheet, not overlapping. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and flip each toast. Bake for another 3-4 minutes. It's okay if they are not browned. Let the toasts cool for a few minutes.
- Finely chop the raw bacon. Cook it in a heavy skillet until it is crispy, then remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add the ricotta to a medium bowl and stir until smooth. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, if you want. (This is optional)
- When the toasts are cool enough to handle, add a dollop of ricotta to the center of each toast. Top with a sprinkle of bacon.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper and more salt, if desired. Drizzle with a little bit of honey. Don't eat all of them yourself.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market