- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms, thickly sliced
- ½ cup (3 large) finely chopped shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1½ Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1¾ cups whole milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan, divided
- 2 bunches (about 1 pound) broccolini, trimmed and blanched for 30 seconds
- ½ cup panko crumbs
- Position a rack in center of oven and preheat to 450°. In a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 Tbsp. oil and mushrooms. Cook until tender, about 6 minutes. Add shallots, garlic, and thyme; cook until shallots soften, about 3 minutes. Add wine and simmer until wine evaporates, about 20 seconds. Sprinkle flour over top and stir to blend. Stir in milk and cream and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer gently, stirring, until sauce thickens, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in ¼ cup Parmesan and remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour half of mushroom mixture into an 8" baking dish. Arrange broccolini over mushrooms and top with remaining mixture.
- In a medium bowl, mix panko, remaining ¾ cup Parmesan, and remaining 1 Tbsp. oil, then sprinkle mixture over top of casserole. Bake until panko is golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- To make ahead
- Prepare panko mixture up to 2 days ahead; blanch and drain broccolini up to 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate both
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market