- 1½ Cups Dry Orzo Pasta (GF use GF Orzo)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 3½ Cups Chicken Broth (GF may require more)
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1 Lemon, zested
- Juice of Half a lemon
- 1½ Cups Peas
- ? Cup Grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and pasta. Cook, stirring occasionally until toasted, about 30-60 seconds. Add garlic and stir it in followed by broth and thyme. Bring to a boil, cover the skillet with a lid and turn down to a simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the pasta has absorbed the water and is tender (GF may require more time and broth, just make sure you test it to make sure its done).
- Remove the lid and add the lemon zest, juice, and peas and stir until the peas are bright and cooked. Add the cheese and salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market