- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 3-5 cloves garlic, with peel still on
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable or canola oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 3 cups chicken broth, vegetable broth, or water
- zest of one orange
- 2 cups roughly-chopped fresh spinach
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss butternut squash, onion, and garlic cloves (with peel still on) until they are evenly coated with oil. Spread then out in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Season generously with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes, or until soft and cooked and the edges begin to slightly brown. Remove and set aside. Discard the garlic peels.
- Meanwhile, stir together quinoa, broth (or water), and orange zest, and cook according to package instructions. When cooked, set aside.
- Add the cooked veggies, quinoa, spinach, cranberries and pistachios to a large mixing bowl, and gently toss to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper if need be. Serve warm.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market