- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup extra light olive oil or vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sweet potato puree
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar , packed
- 1 teaspoon GF vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free stone ground cornmeal
- 1 cup Pamela's Ultimate Baking Mix - (or your own flour mix with 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder, and a good pinch of sea salt added)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice blend
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease the bottom of a 8-inch cake pan and dust it with cornmeal. I used a Springform pan .
- In a large mixing bowl , whisk the eggs until foamy; add the oil; whisk again to combine. Add in the sweet potato puree and mix well. Add the light brown sugar, and bourbon vanilla extract, and mix to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together the dry ingredients: cornmeal, gluten-free flour mix, baking powder, cinnamon, Pumpkin Pie Spice blend, and sea salt.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon , add the dry ingredients into the wet; and stir by hand just enough to make a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake on a center rack in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes or so, until the cornbread is firm to the touch and golden. Check with a wooden pick, if necessary; if it emerges clean, the cornbread is done.
- Cool the cornbread in the pan- on a wire rack- for ten minutes. Remove from the pan and continue to cool.
- Makes 8 servings.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market