- 4 lb. (2 kg) Yukon Gold potatoes
- 8 Tbs. (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 Tbs. kosher salt
- Preheat an oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Using a sharp knife or a mandoline, thinly slice the potatoes.
- Brush the bottom of an 8-by-8-inch (20-by-20-cm) baking dish with 2 Tbs. of the melted butter. Arrange the potato slices vertically but at a slight angle in a circular pattern in the dish, filling it completely. Pour the remaining 6 Tbs. melted butter over the potatoes and sprinkle with the thyme and salt.
- Roast until the top edges of the potatoes are crispy, about 1 hour. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serves 6 to 8.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market