- 1 cup of 100% pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup maple syrup OR honey
- 1/2 cup of organic unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs (or 1/2 cup of mashed ripe banana so it's vegan-friendly)
- 1 cup of flour (GF use Domata)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 an apple, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 12-count muffin tin with butter or coconut oil. If using muffin liners, insert into tin and grease those instead (you can omit both of these steps if you're using parchment paper liners).
- In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients (sugar, flour, oats, baking powder, spices, & salt) and stir. Then add the wet ingredients (pumpkin, applesauce, eggs) and mix everything only until the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Gently stir the diced apples and dried cranberries into batter. Fill each muffin tin equally until all the batter is used up. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick or fork stuck into the middle of a muffin comes out clean (with no wet batter).
- Vegan Method: To make these vegan-friendly, substitute 1/4 cup of ripe, mashed banana for each egg. I considered doing this but wasn't sure how the banana flavor would affect everything.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market