- 4-6 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 1½ tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cayenne, divided
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- Combine spices (using ½ teaspoon cayenne) and rub all over pork shoulder.
- Place pork shoulder in a slow cooker and cook on high for 4-6
- hours (depending on your machine). Cook until pork is fork tender and easily falls apart.
- Remove from slow cooker and reserve juices left behind (if extremely fatty, strain the fat away). Shred pork using two forks.
- In a saucepan, combine pan juices, maple syrup, vinegar, and the other ½ teaspoon cayenne. Cook and season, if necessary. Add pulled pork and toss well.
- Serve with buns or cornbread.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market