- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning (GF use GF Taco Seasoning)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 10-oz can enchilada sauce
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup medium thick and chunky salsa
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped, divided
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- sour cream and lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the ground beef, taco seasoning and salt. Cook, stirring and breaking up the beef, until the beef is browned and cooked through. Drain any fat, if needed.
- Add the enchilada sauce, water and salsa and bring to a boil. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until slightly reduced. Remove from the heat.
- Stack the tortillas and cut into 1-inch strips. Arrange half of the tortilla strips in the bottom of a 9-inch deep dish pie dish. Add half of the beef mixture, then sprinkle half of the cheese over the top. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the chopped cilantro on top. Repeat the layers, using the remaining tortillas, beef and then cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining cilantro over the top before serving. Serve with sour cream and lime wedges
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market