- 3-4 large chicken breasts
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cardamom
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 large apples, peeled and diced into ½ inch chunks
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1.5 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tbsp water
- Begin by heating a large skillet to medium high heat.
- Prepare your chicken breasts by pounding them to be thinner, and possibly cutting them in half (if they are HUGE).
- In a small bowl stir together the cumin, cinnamon, cardamom and salt. Coat or rub the chicken with spices.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to your pan once hot, and begin to cook the chicken. Sear on each side for 2-3 minutes (depending on thickness of chicken). Chicken does not need to be fully cooked, but almost cooked. Set aside and cover with foil.
- Place remaining olive oil in the skillet and add garlic, apples, and pecans. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until apples soften and pecans are fragrant. Continue to scrape the bottom of the pan to collect spices from the chicken.
- Pour in coconut milk, and scrape the bottom of the pan to flavor the sauce. Add Chicken back to the skillet.
- In a small bowl, mix together arrowroot starch and water. Pour into the pan.
- Cover with a lid and let the mixture cook for another 3-5 minutes, or until the mixture is thickened and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve immediately over rice, greens, or vegetable noodles.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market