- 1½ cups all-purpose flour (GF use Domata)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- juice of one lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, adjust the oven racks to the middle position and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and both sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then mix in the vanilla.
- Stir in the flour mixture with a wooden spoon or large rubber spatula, then stir in the oats and blueberries. Be careful not to break the blueberries while stirring.
- Using 2 heaping tablespoons per cookie, roll the dough into balls and place them onto a cookie sheet, spacing them at least 2 inches apart,
- Bake until the cookie edges are just turning golden brown but the middles are still quite pale, about 12-14 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack.
- Once cookies are cool, mix the powdered sugar and lemon juice together. Depending on your desired consistency, you can add more or less powdered sugar.
- Drizzle glaze on top of cookies and let sit until glaze has hardened.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market