- 3 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican 4-cheese blend
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 fresh jalapeno, thinly sliced
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Add 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil and then simmer until soft, about 10-15 minutes. Drain well. Let cool so that they are still warm, but not hot when adding to potato salad.
- In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, and pepper. Don't worry if the cream cheese doesn't get completely smooth.
- Stir potatoes into cream cheese mixture along with pickled jalapenos, green onions, shredded cheese, and crumbled bacon.
- Check for seasoning and add salt if desired.
- Sprinkle fresh jalapeno slices on top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market