- Kosher salt
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 cups peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 pound campanelle pasta (GF use GF Pasta)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, grated
- 1/2 pound arugula (not baby), thick stems discarded, leaves coarsely chopped
- Set up an ice bath. In a large saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the asparagus and peas until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and transfer the vegetables to the ice bath to cool completely; drain well.
- Fill the saucepan with water and return to a boil; season generously with salt. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the buttermilk with the mayonnaise, vinegar and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss half of the dressing with the warm pasta; let cool for 30 minutes. Stir in the asparagus, peas and remaining dressing. Season with salt and pepper, then fold in the arugula and serve.
- Make Ahead
- The pasta salad can be refrigerated for a few hours. Fold in the arugula before serving.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market