- 2 c. all-purpose flour (lightly spooned into the measuring cup and leveled with a knife, GF use Domata)
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened to room temperature
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/4 c. freshly-squeezed lemon juice, strained of pulp and seeds
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour (GF use Domata)
- 2 c. white sugar
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons strained freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray a 9×13? pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. Whisk together the flour and powdered sugar and then cut in the butter with a pastry blender or two knives until the mixture is crumbly.
- Lightly press into the pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until light golden around the edges. Remove from oven.
- During the last few minutes of the shortbreads baking time, mix the eggs, lemon juice, flour, sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed for three minutes. The mixture should be frothy and very, very pale yellow.
- Pour the mixture over the warm crust and then return the pan to the oven for another 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden brown on top. You might want to check the bars at 17-18 minutes to make sure the top isnt getting too dark.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool completely. When the bars are cool, whisk together the glaze ingredients until smooth and then gently spread over the bars. Refrigerate for at least two hours and then cut into squares before serving. Makes about 36 bars.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market