- for the muffins:
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1-3/4 cups all purpose flour (GF use Domata)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 9 oz berry (or Grape if you must) preserves
- for the crumb topping:
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cup all purpose flour (GF use Domata)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line 12 muffins tins with cupcake liners and spray the inside of the liners with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the butter and peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir well until completely melted and mixed together.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the egg, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth. Add the butter and peanut butter mixture and continue beating until well incorporated. Add the milk and yogurt and mix again. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. The batter will be very thick.
- Divide the batter among the liners so that each one is about 3/4 of the way full. Use your fingers to create a little well in the top of the muffin batter and place a dollop (about 1 tbsp) of jelly onto each one.
- For the crumb topping, whisk together the sugars, cinnamon, salt and melted butter until smooth.
- Then add the flour and use a wooden spoon or rubber spatula to fold in the flour until a paste-like dough results. Crumble the mixture with your fingers and add a generous amount of crumbs to each muffin top, covering the jelly and pressing the crumbs down well so they stick to the batter. Add a few more dollops or drizzles of jelly to each muffin and bake for 18-22 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market