- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat broiler to high with rack about 4 inches from heating element. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange asparagus in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Spray asparagus with non-stick cooking spray. Broil for 10 minutes, or until asparagus is charred and just tender, turning once halfway through cooking time.
- While asparagus cooks, combine garlic and balsamic vinegar in small saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until vinegar is syrupy.
- Drizzle vinegar over asparagus and season with salt and pepper.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market