- 3-4 cups various farmers market lettuce
- 3-4 Persian Cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 Avocados, cut into wedges or cubes
- 2-3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh peas, blanched (or Frozen Peas Thawed)
- 1 block feta, cut into cubes (about ½ cup total)
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 recipe Basil Vinaigrette
- BASIL VINAIGRETTE
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil leaves, stems removed (about 4 ounces)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add everything for the vinaigrette to a blender and blend for 3 minutes until completely smooth.
- Arrange the lettuce on a large platter or bowl.
- Scatter the cucumbers, avocados, peas, feta and radishes on top and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve alongside the Basil Vinaigrette
- Basil Vinaigrette Directions:
- Combine all the ingredients for the basil vinaigrette in a high powered blender and blend for 60 seconds until very smooth.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately. Or you can refrigerate the vinaigrette for up to 3 days
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market