- 11 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- ½ cup plus 4 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- roughly 2 cups strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- 1? cups all purpose flour (GF use Domata)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- one 5 oz container of plain greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Evenly coat a 9 inch pie or cake pan with 3 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with 4 tablespoons brown sugar to completely cover the bottom of the pan.
- Arrange strawberry slices over the brown sugar in an even layer.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together remaining 8 tablespoons butter and remaining ½ cup brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add in egg, vanilla and almond extract.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture until fully incorporated. Stir in greek yogurt.
- Carefully spread batter over the strawberry layer. Batter will be thick.
- Bake for 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto a plate.
- Dust with powdered sugar (optional)
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market