- 8 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and halved
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup milk or light cream
- 1 small green cabbage, cored and sliced thin
- 1 -2 cups of kale, ribs removed and sliced thin
- 6-8 scallions, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add 1 teaspoon salt and the potatoes. Cook until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain in a colander then return to the pot. Mash the potatoes until smooth then add the milk and 6 tablespoons of the butter. Salt and pepper the mixture and set aside to keep warm while preparing the cabbage.
- Add the sliced kale and cabbage to a pot of boiling, salted water. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Drain well.
- Mix the potato and cabbage together and stir in the scallions. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, scoop potatoes into a serving bowl and make a well in the center. Add the remaining butter and garnish with a few pieces of chopped scallion.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market