- 3 1/2 pounds of good quality boneless chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place boneless chuck roast in slow cooker and use seasoning to season on all sides.
- Cover and cook on low in slow cooker for 8-9 hours, or until meat is fork tender.
- Once meat is tender, shred in slow cooker and serve.
- Do not add any extra liquid to slow cooker. The meat will release it's own fat and juices while cooking. Combine the cooking liquid in the slow cooker with the shredded meat to keep it moist and flavorful.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market