- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen corn (or 3-4 cups fresh corn)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3-4 oz Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (fresh is my favorite)
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add frozen corn and let cook until corn starts to char, stirring occasionally (it took about 7-8 minutes before my corn was lightly charred).
- While the corn is cooking, mix together mayonnaise, cheese, lime juice, cilantro, red onion, garlic, chili powder, and salt and pepper in a large bowl. When corn is done, gently fold it in with other ingredients.
- Serve immediately and store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market