- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, stemmed and leaves thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup candied walnuts, chopped
- Shaved Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Using a mandolin, thinly slice the Brussels sprouts. Place in a large bowl, add the kale and toss to combine
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, shallot, garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the Brussels sprouts and kale and toss to coat well. Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds, avocado, candied walnuts and Parmesan cheese over the salad and toss to combine.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market