- 2 cup sliced apples
- 2 cups green pear slices
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (save the juice)
- lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp agave or honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 stick melted butter or 4 tbsp melted earth balance vegan butter
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- In a large bowl, toss your fruit and add in 1-2 tsp lemon juice. Set aside.
- In another glass bowl, combine your melted butter, sugar, spices, and coconut oil.
- Add in honey and a little bit of your leftover pineapple juice as well.
- Add this sugar/butter mixture to your fruit and coat evenly.
- Pour fruit evenly in a 9x12 baking dish.
- Pour the leftover sugar/butter/oil mixture on top.
- baking for 1 hr.
- Add your nuts last.
- Mix fruit again and serve.
- You can also add your nuts in the last 30 minutes of the baking time if you prefer them hot and baked as well.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market