- ½ cup butter. Softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour (GF use Domata)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup all purpose flour (GF use Domata)
- ½ cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1 ½ tsps baking cocoa
- ¼ cup cold butter
- ½ cup chopped Pecans (optional)
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs. Add sour cream and vanilla. Mix until just combined. Set aside. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour into greased 9 inch square baking pan. **Has to be 9 inch baking pan, any bigger, the cake does not bake all the way through.
- For topping: combine flour, sugar, and cocoa. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market