- 1 box dark chocolate fudge cake mix (or any chocolate cake mix), plus ingredients on the back of the box (GF use King Arthur Chocolate Cake Mix)
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- 1 & ¾ cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 oz chocolate (such as Baker's, Ghirardelli, etc)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Chocolate shavings or sprinkles, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease a 13x9" baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, prepare the cake mix according to package directions. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean or with moist, not wet, crumbs. Cool for about 5-10 minutes
- Once cooled for a little bit, poke holes over the entire cake using the handle of a wooden spoon or spatula. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, ¾ cup of the heavy cream and the vanilla together until blended.
- Pour the mixture over the cake, allowing the mixture to fill the holes in the cake. The mixture may pool around the edges of the cake; this is okay. Refrigerate the cake for 6 hours or overnight.
- Once cake has set in the fridge, make your whipped cream. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the remaining 1 cup heavy cream and the Tablespoon of sugar together on high speed for about 3 minutes or until it has semi-stiff peaks.
- Grate 1 oz of any type of good quality chocolate, such as Baker's, Ghirardelli, etc. Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the whipped cream over the cake in an even layer. Garnish each slice with chocolate shavings/curls, or sprinkles. Store airtight in the fridge.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market