- 2 medium sized butternut squash, halved lengthwise and seeds removed
- 1/2 t. kosher salt
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 1 T. fresh sage, chopped
- 2 T. plain non fat Greek yogurt
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 2 T. panko breadcrumbs (GF use Ians)
- 1 t. extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray it with cooking spray.
- Place the halved butternut squash cut side down on the baking sheet and cover completely with another piece of foil.
- Bake the squash for 40-50 minutes or until a fork inserted into the flesh comes out easily.
- Remove the squash from the oven, lower the temperature to 425 degrees, and let the squash cool slightly.
- Using a spoon, scoop the flesh out and leave a 1/4 inch border around the squash halves so they will hold their shape.
- Discard one of the squash skins so that you have a total of 3.
- In a large bowl mash together the squash flesh, salt, pepper, sage, Greek yogurt, and goat cheese.
- Once everything is combined, spoon the squash mixture back into the 3 skins.
- Top the squash with the panko and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place the squash back in the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the mixture is heated through.
- The size of the butternut squash used will effect the time that it needs to roast. Start checking the squash at 30 minutes and note that it could take up to an hour depending on the squash size and your oven.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market