- 1-3 pound pumpkin
- salt and pepper
- 1 baguette, better if it's day old
- 1/4 pound Gruyere cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 pound Fontina cheese, cut into small cubes
- 6 slices bacon, crispy cooked and chopped
- 6 green onions, white and green part, chopped
- 1 TBS butter
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, snipped
- 1 TBS fresh thyme, pulled from stems
- 1/2 cup (or a little more) heavy cream.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the top off of the pumpkin and scoop out the fibrous stands and seeds.Salt and pepper the inside of the pumpkin liberally.
- Mix the bread, cheeses and bacon in a large bowl.
- In a small pan heat butter over medium low heat and when it melts add the green onions. Cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add to the bread mixture.
- Add snipped chives and thyme. Add cream and mix all the ingredients. The mixture should be wet, but not dripping. Adjust if needed.
- Fill the pumpkin to the top with the stuffing. Put the lid on the pumpkin and put it in an 8x8 baker lined with NO STICK REYNOLDS WRAP.
- Bake for 2 hours in the center of the oven. 30 minutes before the pumpkin is done, take off the lid to let the stuffing brown.
- To serve, lift the pumpkin with the Reynolds Wrap on to a serving plate. Wiggle the Reynolds Wrap from under the pumpkin. Serve immediately.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market