- 1 (3 pound) pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sage (julienned)
- 4 cups salad greens such as baby arugula or baby spincah
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup walnuts (toasted and coarsly chopped)
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola (crumbled)
- Roast the pumpkin in a preheated 350F/180C oven on a baking sheet for 20 minutes.
- Cut the pumpkin in half, scoop out the seeds and cut each half into 4 wedges.
- Brush the wedges with oil, place them on their side on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side.
- Brush the pumpkin flesh with the honey and season with salt and pepper.
- Broil the wedges, flesh side up until it starts to caramelize, about 2-3 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Add the sage and fry until it is light and crispy then set it aside.
- Toss the salad greens in the vinaigrette and divide between 4 plates.
- Add 2 wedges of caramelized pumpkin to each plate and sprinkle with walnuts, Gorgonzola and fried sage.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market