- 4-6 lb pot roast
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 celery ribs (chopped)
- 3 carrots (sliced)
- 2 russet potatoes (quartered lengthwise and sliced)
- 1 c beef broth
- 1/2 c red wine
- 1 tsp each, salt & pepper (add more to taste, as needed)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 large Portobello mushrooms (optional, his favorite not mine)
- Turn slow cooker onto low heat. Add onion and garlic to the bottom of slow cooker, then place pot roast portion on top of them.
- Add vegetables: carrots, celery, potatoes and arrange around the sides of the pot roast, pour broth and red wine in over the meat and vegetables then season with salt & pepper. Top with a pat of butter and allow to cook 6-8 hours on low (depending on the size of your pot roast).
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market