- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) package fully-cooked smoked sausage, sliced into 1/2" rounds (Can substitute any type of sausage you prefer - Andoullie sausage to add some heat - turkey or chicken sausage to reduce the fat and calories.)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes (fire-roasted diced tomatoes work very well too!)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (6 ounce) bag fresh baby spinach
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, or to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring, until nicely browned. Add garlic and cook for just another minute or two until garlic is fragrant.
- Add chicken broth, cannellini beans, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and let it simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes to allow broth to reduce a little.
- Stir in fresh baby spinach and remove from heat. Continue to stir until spinach is wilted. Garnish with fresh ground black pepper and Parmesan. Ladle into bowls and serve with a hunk of crusty bread.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market