- 1 16-ounce package medium shell macaroni (GF use GF Pasta)
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 1½ cups celery, chopped (about 3 ribs)
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup pepperoncini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup prosciutto, sliced
- ½ pound smoked mozzarella, sliced in ¼-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoon capers, drained
- ½ cup Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup buttermilk (low fat if preferred)
- ¼ cup pepperoncini juice (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ tsp pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add macaroni and boil according to package directions until al dente.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, gently combine pasta and next 8 ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix mayonnaise, buttermilk, peperoncini juice, wine vinegar, sugar and salt and pepper. Taste for sweetness and saltiness and add more to your liking. Add mayo mixture to pasta mixture and gently combine. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market