- Butter and flour for preparing baking pans
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (GF Use Domata)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3½ cups grated zucchini (you can use as few as 2 cups and as much as 4 cups)
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup apple sauce
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2¼ cups granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously butter and lightly flour two 8x4 loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Stir gently to combine.
- Shred zucchini, lightly packing it down as you measure it.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat eggs, applesauce, oil, sugar and vanilla extract. Mix very well.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients (about ? at a time) mixing as you go then beat well to fully combine.
- With a rubber scraper or wooden spoon, stir in shredded zucchini and nuts into the batter and mix well.
- Pour half of the batter into each prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out cleanly. (The bake time will vary depending on how much shredded zucchini you add to the batter.)
- Remove from the pans and cool on wire racks.
- Note: For the Gluten Free version, it will bake better in smaller mini loaf pans, or in a 9x13 pan. The taller loaf pans are more of a challenge to bake all the way through.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market