- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 limes
- 2 cups diced watermelon
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar (to taste)
- 4 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce Cointreau (GF use orange juice instead)
- 1 cup ice cubes
- watermelon slices, for serving
- lime slices, for serving
- Place kosher salt in a saucer. Prepare a glass by slicing one lime in half and rubbing the cut edge over the rim of the glass. Lightly dip it into the salt.
- Juice the limes and pour the juice into a blender. Cut the rind of the juiced limes into smaller pieces and put it into a cocktail shaker.
- Pour the agave nectar into the shaker and use a muddler to squeeze the limes for a minute. Pour the juice through the shaker strainer into the blender. Discards the solids.
- Add the watermelon to the blender and blend until smooth. Strain the juice into the shaker.
- Pour tequila and ice cubes into shaker, cover and shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Pour through the strainer into prepared glass.
- Serve immediately, garnished with a watermelon and lime slice.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market