- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- one 1.25-ounce packet taco seasoning, divided
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 or 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup canned corn, drained (fresh or frozen may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium Hass avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup seasoned tortilla chips, crushed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 to 4 tablespoons lime juice, or as necessary for flavor and consistency
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar, optional and to taste
- To a large skillet, add the olive oil, chicken, evenly sprinkle with 1 heaping tablespoon taco seasoning, and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, flipping intermittently so all sides cook evenly. Cooking time will vary based on thickness of chicken breasts and sizes of pieces.
- Allow chicken to rest in pan off the heat while you assemble the salad.
- To a large platter, add the lettuce, and evenly sprinkle with the tomatoes, corn, black beans, avocado, cheese, tortilla chips, and chicken; set aside.
- To a small bowl, add the mayo, sour cream, lime juice, 1 heaping tablespoon taco seasoning, and whisk to combine.
- Add the cilantro and stir to incorporate. Add additional lime juice to thin out dressing if desired.
- Taste dressing and depending on how much lime juice was used, add sugar to taste.
- Evenly drizzle dressing over salad. Extra dressing will keep airtight for up to 5 days in the fridge and makes a great veggie dip.