- FOR THE SALAD:
- 6 oz fresh green beans, trimmed + halved
- 1/4-1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato, optional
- 3-4 TBSP crumbled feta
- fresh chopped parsley, to garnish [optional]
- GREEK DRESSING:
- 3 TBSP quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP white wine or champagne vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, smashed + minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh or dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dijon mustard
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, parsley, oregano, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper and set aside to allow the flavors to meld.
- Trim ends off green beans and cut in half, if desired.
- Fill a medium pot with water and set to boil on high.
- Set aside a medium bowl of ice water.
- Once water is at a rolling boil, add green beans and cook for 3-5 minutes or until they reach your ideal tenderness. I like mine al dente; softened but still crisp!
- Drain and immediately submerge beans in ice bath to halt the cooking process.
- Combine green beans with red pepper and tomatoes and toss with dressing to coat.
- Top with crumbled feta and fresh parsley to garnish.
- Dive in now or set aside for later!
- This salad can be made in advance and left out at room temperature for several hours without the feta and up to 4 hours with the feta. For saucier green beans, allow salad to sit and soak up the delicious dressing, marinade-style
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market