- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- Honey, to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 3 carrots, grated
- 2 scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup raw cashews, toasted and chopped
- Heat coconut oil over medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for two minutes. Add chicken and saute until browned and the chicken is fully cooked. Allow to cool and shred chicken
- Make dressing by whisking together lime juice, fish sauce, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Slowly whisk in olive oil until emulsified. Add honey to taste.
- In a large bowl combine cabbage, carrots, scallions, basil, cilantro and chicken.
- Toss with dressing.
- Top with cashews and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market