- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1¼ cups chicken broth (GF use GF broth)
- 2 garlic cloves, lightly crushed and peeled
- Place oven rack in upper-middle position of oven and heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Combine melted butter, thyme, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Square off ends of potatoes and cut into ¾ to 1-inch thick disks.
- Toss potato slices in butter mixture and arrange in a single layer in a 13 by 9-inch metal baking pan.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and use a spatula to flip potatoes over. Place back in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove pans from oven and flip potatoes one more time. Add chicken broth and garlic. Place back in oven until potatoes are tender, about another 15 minutes.
- Baste potatoes with sauce and serve.
- Be sure to use a metal baking pan. A glass baking dish can shatter in a very hot oven.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market