- 2-3 lb flank steak
- salt & pepper to season
- Avocado Chimichurri:
- ¾ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 avocados, diced
- Heat grill to medium high or 400 degrees.
- To a food processor add, cilantro, oregano, garlic, red wine vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- In add small bowl add diced avocado and blended chimichurri sauce. Lightly toss to coat, be careful not to mush the avocado. (you want them to remain diced)
- Season a room temperature flank steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place steak on grill and cook for 4-6 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill, let sit for 2-3 minutes. Slice steak.
- Serve with avocado chimichurri sauce
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market