- 4 cups water
- 2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups fresh arugula, roughly chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped (canned, rotisserie, or grilled all work well)
- 1 1/2 cup shelled, whole pistachios
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 1 cup dried cherries, roughly chopped
- 1 cup flaked, unsweetened coconut
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa, cover and reduce heat to simmer for 12 minutes, or until water is completely absorbed.
- Transfer quinoa to a large bowl and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Add the spices to quinoa until mixed.
- Add remaining ingredients (add-in) until well evenly distributed.
- You can serve this at room temperature or cold. If serving more than 2 hours after preparing, store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market