- 9 tablespoons (1 and 1/8 sticks) unsalted butter, softened, plus more for pan
- 1 and 2/3 cups all-purpose flour (GF use Domata)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced almonds, (3 ounces), toasted
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Use 8-inch square baking pan or 9-inch diameter round baking pan
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan or a 9-inch diameter round baking pan.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, using electric mixer, cream together softened butter and brown sugar until the mixture becomes light in color and fluffy in texture, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, vanilla extract and continue beating until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients from step 2, and beat using the mixer, on low speed until well combined. Mix 3/4 cup toasted almonds into the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared buttered pan, using spatula to helps spreading the batter in the pan. Scatter sliced strawberries and remaining 1/4 cup almonds over the batter in a baking pan.
- Bake for about 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean or only with a few crumbs on it.
- Dust with powdered sugar before cutting into slices. Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market