- 2 heads of broccoli
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup almonds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 4 very thin slices of lemon, each cut into 8ths
- For the lemony dressing
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (from about 1 lemon)
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, grated on a Microplane or very finely minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to broil at 420 degrees. Place the rack on the top shelf. Note: if you cannot control the temperature your oven broils at, place the rack on a lower shelf and keep a closer eye on the broccoli.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roughly chop the broccoli, making sure to include the sweet broccoli stems. You should have around 9 cups.
- Place 2 cups of the broccoli in a large bowl and the rest on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle the broccoli on the baking sheet with the olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Mix it around so that all the broccoli is coated with oil. Pop it in your oven and let it roast for 15-20 minutes, or until the florets are dark brown.
- Remove them from the oven and put them in the bowl with the raw broccoli.
- Put the almonds in a small baking dish and roast them in the oven along with the broccoli until they are fragrant and light brown, about 8 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and roughly chop them once they are cool enough to handle. Add the chopped almonds, cranberries, dill and lemon slices to the bowl with the broccoli.
- In a small bowl whisk together all of the dressing ingredients. Pour it over the broccoli and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately, or let it stand for up to 20 minutes.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market