- 3 cups diced leftover corned beef
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard or grainy mustard
- 16 to 24 ounces hash brown potatoes, thawed
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Grease a 9-inch square baking dish or 2 1/2-quart casserole. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until tender. Stir in remaining butter, the thyme, and diced corned beef; sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in mustard and set aside.
- Press the potatoes lightly in the baking dish. Sprinkle with pepper, and then top the potatoes with about half of the shredded Swiss cheese; spoon the corned beef mixture over the cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the corned beef mixture. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until hot and lightly browned. This will take a little longer if you prepare this in advance and take it right from the refrigerator.
- Serves 4.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market