- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 pound cooked corned beef, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) can refrigerated biscuit dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat until bubbly.
- Cook and stir onion in the melted butter until browned, about 8 minutes. Set onion aside.
- Stir corned beef, chili sauce, and mayonnaise together in a bowl.
- Spread sauerkraut in the bottom of the prepared casserole dish.
- Spoon corned beef mixture on top of sauerkraut.
- Sprinkle cooked onions on top of corned beef mixture.
- Top onions with 1/2 cup Swiss cheese.
- Cover casserole dish with aluminum foil and place in preheated oven. Bake 30 minutes.
- Cut individual biscuits in half. Remove casserole from oven and place halved biscuits on top of casserole.
- Bake until biscuits are lightly golden brown, about 18 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup Swiss cheese on top of casserole. Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market