- 1 package corned beef points, with seasoning
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 bottle pale ale
- Potato chips (see below for homemade instructions)
- Toppings of choice- cheddar cheese, green onions, and sour cream suggested
- Combine onion, seasonings that come with the corned beef, and pale ale in a crock pot large enough to hold the corned beef. Add the corned beef and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Remove from crock pot and shred the meat using two forks and pulling them apart.
- (If making your own potato chips see below)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange potato chips in an oven safe dish and layer with shredded corned beef and cheese. Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Top with veggies and sour cream, or other toppings of choice.
- In the meantime, its time to make some potato chips! I totally understand if you opt for buying a bag. I usually would, too, but I was feeling fancy today. To make these, just slice up some potatoes nice and thin. A mandolin would be fabulous for this.
- Then toss them with olive oil, kosher salt, pepper, and I chose to use a little dried rosemary. You dont gotta if you dont wanna.
- Arrange them single layer on a cookie sheet. Single layer, single layer, single layer. After some failures, I have become a stickler about this.
- Bake them at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes, or until edges are golden. This may mean checking every few minutes and pulling off chips that browned quicker than others.
- Continue with recipe above!
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market